What Does “No Coding Skills Needed” Really Mean?
We live in a brand new era of website building and setup. Want to create a website for your new business? It’s much easier to do now than it ever was before (psst…check out Hover’s e-book on starting your online business). This means that anyone who has an idea for a business or a brand is able to find the right tools to launch quickly and with ease. You no longer need to be proficient in coding to create a great website. Read below to find out how you can make a website with no coding skills.
The Early Day Struggles of Website Building
In the old days, say 10 years ago or so, to create a website you needed to know, at the very least, HTML, CSS for styling, and do some research to find where you could purchase a domain and hosting. That’s would have only allowed you to build a simple website – something informational. If you wanted to learn how to code your own site you either needed to go to school and learn programming or grab a book and teach yourself at home. Many pursued these options in the early days of web design.
However, if you had no desire to learn how to code then you had to pay a web developer to create the website for you (or, you could convince a skilled friend or family member to help you out!). This pricier option was sometimes the only solution for a complex website.
Then some basic WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors came out, allowing those who didn’t know how to code to build websites themselves. It was a great option for hobbyists or personal websites since no one wanted to pay someone else to create those. However, the tools were pretty archaic for anyone looking to build a professional website online.
Then, in 2003, WordPress was launched (and as of 2018, it has nearly 75 million sites using it). Other Content Management Systems (CMS) were also available and these helped with design and coding, essentially allowing people to build websites with no technical capabilities. These processes started to revolutionize the way a website was built. These tools allowed people to create well-designed websites with no technical knowledge. That said, you still needed to have an understanding of the platform and for some, the process was still challenging and time-consuming.
What’s an Easy Solution for Website Building?
This is where BoldGrid stepped in and created a drag and drop web editor where anyone could design a beautiful website using stunning templates and widgets to make building a website a breeze.
Not only did the overall build process become easier, but so did the process to get your domain name registered and setup. Domain registrars like Hover made the process so easy that anyone could register a domain without any troubles.
Is it True – No Coding Skills Are Needed?
Building a website can sound scary, but today with the power of Hover and BoldGrid, it isn’t.
Simply go to Hover.com, type in your domain name, if it’s available, add it to your cart, complete payment, and then point it over to your host of choice.
Next, install WordPress, download and install Boldgrid’s Page and Post Builder, select your theme, pick your plugins and away you go! You’ll have your new website up and running in no time.
How do you Launch Your Website?
While all of this information can sound great in an article, you might be wondering what the practical steps to moving forward with getting a domain, signing-up for hosting, and building your website are? To make it super easy for you, we’ve listed out the specific steps below:
- Luckily, you’re already on a domain name registrar’s website! Enter in the domain name that you’d like to claim into their main domain name search. If it’s available, go ahead and complete the registration and payment process. What if your dream domain isn’t available? Learn about some alternative extensions to the go-tos and try on something new and exciting for your domain name!
- After purchasing a domain, it’s time to point the domain to a hosting provider. WordPress hosting is the best plan to use, especially when using BoldGrid, so we recommend checking out InMotion Hosting’s plan. Here’s 10 reasons why their WordPress Hosting is the best!
- Once you sign up for web hosting, it’s time to point your domain over from Hover. Believe it or not, it’s not as hard as it may sound. Hover’s handy guide will walk you through each step!
- Once your domain is pointed over to InMotion Hosting, simply click the “Manage BoldGrid” plugin button in your Account Management Panel and follow the steps to installing BoldGrid on your new domain. If you have any questions, check out their guide or contact their 24/7 support!
- Next, choose a template and start dragging and dropping to build a beautiful website. Publish when you’re ready and start sharing it with friends, family, and the world!
It’s time to put away the limiting belief that you can’t build your own website! We are lightyears away from where web design and development began and the only thing standing between you and the site of your dreams is a few mouse clicks. Gone are the days of waiting or relying on someone else to create a website for you. Get started today with no coding skills needed.